Playa Paraíso is a beautiful locality in the south of Tenerife. It is currently one of the busiest areas of the island thanks to its excellent range of hotels and services for tourists.
In this post we present the things to do in Playa Paraíso so that you can enjoy the best holidays of your life. Before we begin, we suggest that you consult our summary of recommendations for organising your holidays in Tenerife.
- Sailing boat charter to see dolphins and whales
- Luxury yacht charter to cruise the Atlantic Ocean
- Excursions to get to know Tenerife, its streets, flavours and aromas.
- Paragliding over the sky of Tenerife
Welcome to Playa Paraíso, an ideal holiday resort with a good climate and crystal clear waters. It is located on the coast of the municipality of Adeje and is considered one of the most important tourist places on the whole island. Playa las Américas has made an effort to develop as a tourist resort, so it offers all the necessary services for the holidaymaker. In this area you will find an excellent hotel offer, with 4 and 5 star hotels.
Here you will find plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and leisure facilities. It is a great location for visitors and people who wish to live here.
The closest airport to Playa Paraiso is Reina Sofia Airport. A large international airport that receives visitors from over 150 countries. Throughout the year there is a high passenger traffic. The busiest times are weekends and the winter season, so the airport has been transformed to accommodate the high demand. Buses, taxis and rental cars are available in front of the airport.
Whale and dolphin watching
The coast of Tenerife is one of the best places for whale and dolphin watching all year round. We invite you to book a whale and dolphin watching boat trip in Tenerife. This is one of the most popular activities in Playa Paraíso among tourists.
The most common species in these waters is the bottlenose dolphin, which usually swim a short distance from the coast so they are the easiest to see. Other dolphins that also inhabit these waters are the Atlantic spotted dolphin, rough-toothed dolphin and common dolphin, but they are more seasonal and less common so it will be more difficult to spot them depending on the time of year you visit. You may also see pilot whales, which can reach up to 5 metres in length. They are also known as pilot whales and are easier to see.
Private boat trips
Private boat trips in Tenerife allow you and your friends and family to enjoy a different kind of day out on the ocean. You will enjoy the sea and the sun in an exclusive atmosphere.
Call us to define the number of participants and to clarify some doubts. You can celebrate special events on board and party Tenerife style. The tour includes a visit to the cliffs, drinks, food and the possibility to go down for a dip in the water.
Enjoy our Private Boat Excursion in Tenerife (up to 22 participants). We specialise in pleasing our clients and know exactly what you need to have the best holiday on the island.
Diving in Playa Paraiso
Come and enjoy the pleasure of swimming with the marine life off the coast of Tenerife. Scuba diving is one of the most popular and in-demand activities in La Caleta. The protection offered by the cliffs creates a safe environment for marine life. This area is home to many different species that find a safe haven.
Divers love to dive in the bay of Tenerife to explore and discover the charms of nature. Swim alongside turtles and tropical fish. This is one of the things to do in Playa Paraiso that should be on your list of things to do. If you have never dived before, don’t worry, we have plans for beginners accompanied by an expert guide.
Check out our diving packages in Tenerife South below:
- First time diving in Tenerife
- Dive packages in Tenerife
- PADI Suba Diver Diving Course in Tenerife
Sailboat charter in Playa Paraiso
Our capital boats offer a calm and safe ride on the Atlantic waters. Enjoy with your guests without worrying about the details of the boat and the crossing.
Our luxury yachts are equipped to provide you with the utmost comfort. Enjoy excellent features and superb design to please the most sophisticated tastes.
Luxury yacht charter is ideal for celebrating special events. We invite you to celebrate your birthday or wedding anniversary abortion. Another thing you can do in paradise beach is to take your partner on a romantic getaway at sea. Enjoy a romantic day with your partner and let yourselves be lulled by the sound of the waves. During the tour you can sunbathe, relax and enjoy the views. Food and drinks are included in the price. If you have any questions you can write us on WhatsApp to clarify doubts and help you choose the boat that best suits your needs.
Excursions in Playa Paraiso
An excursion around the island is another of the things to do in Playa Paraiso during your holidays in Tenerife. To get to know Tenerife in depth you should walk through its streets and taste its authentic flavours.
Our private tours are organised by professionals in the sector. We focus on providing the best experience for our clients. The private tour allows you to get to know the island in the privacy of your own circle.
Tenerife has many villages with a spectacular attraction to visit and enjoy. We also have excursions to the Teide, the king of the cumbia of Tenerife and from where different trails start. The ascent to the Teide is one of the activities in paradise beach that cannot be missed. Once at the top you will get a privileged view of the island that you won’t get from anywhere else. See below our excursions to get to know Tenerife from the inside:
- Excursion to Teide, Tenerife
- Teide – Masca, Authentic Canary Islands
- Day trip in Tenerife to Santa Cruz, La Laguna and Taganana
Water sports in Playa Paraiso
Water sports are another of Tenerife’s must-do holiday activities. For those who want to experience extreme sensations and explosive adrenaline we recommend the water sports of Playa Paraiso.
But if you want to go faster on the water we recommend you to rent a jet ski. Take a ride with your partner or a friend to get away at top speed and explore the secret corners of the coast of Tenerife.
Finally, we recommend paragliding over Tenerife. After several days of diving and bathing in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic, it’s time to take to the skies. See the view of the island like a bird and enjoy this paragliding adventure with fabulous thrills and sensations.
Hiking in Tenerife
Tenerife offers different trails for fantastic experiences in contact with nature. We invite you to do active tourism in Tenerife through the different trekking routes on the island. Feel alive, stay active and fill yourself with the energy of nature. The fresh air is renewing and the beauty of the landscapes of the island makes us feel full and enthusiastic.
We have different routes with different demands. The most difficult trails are those that go up into the mountains. They are only recommended for experienced people with a good command of vertigo. This type of terrain has a lot of rocks and slippery places.
For people who want to share with nature and breathe fresh air without complications, we have beautiful trails within the Laurisilva forests. This is a great opportunity to enjoy nature and its charms.
Tenerife offers a wide range of theme parks and attractions for all ages. Here you will enjoy spectacular zoos with different species of animals. Visit each of Tenerife’s theme parks to discover for yourself their quality and leisure options.
- Monkey Park in Tenerife: This is a park in Tenerife where monkeys live in freedom. You can share with them, feed them and take some pictures. This area is also home to some birds and turtles that you can enjoy and take pictures of.
- Camel Park Tenerife: This park is more like a farm. Here you will find adorable camels on which you can take a leisurely ride on their backs. There are also some chickens and other animals that you can share and take pictures with.
- Jungle Park in Tenerife South: This is a fantastic park that will make you feel like you are in the jungle. You will walk along nature trails and you will have to cross some bridges next to waterfalls. Jungle Park is an attractive park with a variety of animals and attractions for the whole family.
- Spa in Tenerife South: Aqua Club Termal: more than a water park, it is an establishment to relax and release tension. In this Spa you will find different activities to relax. Choose from thermal pools, beauty area, fitness and more.
- Siam Park, the water park of Tenerife South: it is known as one of the best parks in Tenerife. It is a huge park with dozens of attractions for all tastes. You can choose between extreme rides for the more energetic and more gentle rides for children.
- Entrance with Transport to Loro Parque in Tenerife: Enjoy a day in this fantastic park where parrots are the kings. Enjoy also other animals and the dolphin show to the delight of all.
Contact with us
Please let us know where you are staying to assess the availability of transport for the activities mentioned here. We strive to provide you with comfort and make things easy for you. At the end of the entrance you will find several activities to do. If you have any questions you can write us on WhatsApp to help you clarify them.