If you are in Mallorca you cannot miss its capital, Palma de Mallorca. A tourist city full of history and architectural wealth that attracts tourists from all over the world for its natural and cultural beauties. It has beautiful beaches, coves, cliffs and imposing mountain ranges, but if you go inland you will find its historic centre with beautiful buildings and ancient monuments.
If you go to Palma de Mallorca you will find:
- Beautiful beaches and promenades
- Boat fun
- Diving and snorkelling
- Nightlife in the best Mallorcan style
- Tours of all the tourist sites
- Architectural richness of historical character
This is undoubtedly the obligatory stop for all tourists visiting the city, renowned for having the best coves and beaches on the island. You will find beaches with turquoise waters and fine golden sand, with calm, shallow waters with everything necessary for bathers. You should visit Playa de Palma, Cala Estancia and Ciudad Jardín.
On the beaches you can also take the opportunity to snorkel and dive under the waters of the nature reserve. Get to know the marine fauna and discover the majesty of the underwater world. The experts will guide you through the whole process so that you are safe and don’t miss a single detail during the excursion. If you are a good swimmer, you can jump off the cliffs, one of the experiences that will stay with you for life.
Boat trips and parties
Palma de Mallorca is a sailing city, bringing together sailing boats and yachts from all over the Mediterranean for events and competitions. From the port you can take a boat and take a stroll along the coast to discover all its charms.
If it’s fun you’re after, you can’t miss a spectacular party on board a boat on the waters of the Mediterranean. Some packages include DJs and an open bar for an unforgettable party. During the trip you can take a dip in the crystal clear waters of the sea and snorkel if you prefer.
It is located close to the historic city centre. You can go running, cycling or walking with your friends. Along the promenade you will find numerous bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
If you go with the kids you can’t miss the city’s aquarium. A beautiful marine park that receives thousands of visitors every year. It has 55 aquariums in which more than 700 Mediterranean species live. Delight yourself with the dance of octopuses, rays, sharks, puffer fish and many more representatives of the world’s marine fauna.
If you want to go out at night you will find many open restaurants and bars where you can have a drink. You will also find plenty of discos with good music and casinos to try your luck during your stay on the island.
Tours to discover the secrets of Palma de Mallorca
The city offers charming landscapes and a wealth of culture. You can take a tour and visit many of the tourist attractions mentioned in this guide.
Get to know the secrets of the city through its old town with Muslim, Roman and Christian influences, so you will be able to see different architectural works and monuments representative of each culture.
Some of the places you should visit:
- The Plaza Mayor is a tourist centre of great importance located in the centre of the city, around it there are emblematic historical monuments.
- The Lonja de Palma de Mallorca is a very beautiful work of Gothic architecture.
- Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca Declared as a historical artistic monument, it is one of the most important places on the island for tourists.
- S’Hort del Rey Gardens, Its name means King’s Gardens. The gardens belong to the palace of Almudaina where the kings of Mallorca lived. Admission is free.
- Bellver Castle, With its gothic style it stands as the oldest castle in Europe, whose construction dates back to the 14th century. Inside is the history museum. Climb up to the terrace for a panoramic view of the Bay and the rest of the city.