In this post we want to show you all the things to do in Tenerife during your holidays. In Tenerife, the most visited island of the Canary Islands, you will find radiant beaches, rich gastronomy, culture, outdoor sports, trekking, theme parks, entertainment and much more. Here you will find a wide range of activities for sightseeing, ecotourism, relaxation and extreme adventures.
At Bananapalmbay.com we have everything you are looking for in Tenerife. Browse through the different activities to have the best holiday of your life. We present you everything you can do in Tenerife to enjoy its beaches, enchanted villages and natural landscapes.
What to do in Tenerife South
If you stay on this side of the island you will be close to golden sandy beaches, magical villages and plenty of leisure activities. The southern beach resort of Costa Adeje, Playa Las Américas and Los Cristianos stand out. Enjoy a beach paradise with exclusive hotels and resorts.
Here the beaches are long with golden sands and crystal clear waters. This is the safest part to visit with children because of its beaches with calm waves and all the services for bathers. Towards Las Americas you will also find nightlife and party atmosphere.
What to do in Tenerife north
In the north of the island you will find ancient forests, villages and cliffs. Don’t forget to visit the Anaga Park with its many hiking trails and spectacular landscapes.
On this side we recommend you visit Playa El Bollullo, Playa de Benijo and Playa de Los Guíos. These are wild beaches with strong waves, perfect for surfers. Here you can kayak, see cetaceans and admire the immensity of Los Gigantes.
Complete guide to the best things to do in Tenerife
Remember you can come at any time of year as we have great weather and sunshine most of the year. You will always find all the places open and all the activities available.
If you wish to book any activity, please fill in the contact form attached to the description of the activity. You will find all available activities at the bottom of this entry. You can also contact us via WhatsApp to clarify doubts or to advise you to choose the excursions and activities that suit you best.
Yacht charter in Tenerife
Tenerife is an incredible island, with culture, history, gastronomy and lots of fun. But what most attracts tourists is to sail its waters and spend a different day on a boat. We have boat trips for all tastes. You choose the duration and the type of boat. Choose from catamarans, sailing boats, yachts and much more.
Choose a private boat hire for a spectacular day out in the company of your loved ones and no one else. We also have boat trips for groups where you can enjoy the ocean and different activities on board. If you have a boat licence you can rent a boat to drive it yourself. If you don’t have a licence, you can rent a boat with a skipper or rent a small boat for two or three people.
Depending on the type of boat trip you choose, you can:
- Lie in the sun on the sun deck of the boat
- Share a pleasant chat with your friends under the awning or relax while admiring the views of the island.
- Fish and barbecue fresh fish
- Diving and snorkelling
- Jump in the water to cool off
- Drop anchor in a cove to play on the sand and enjoy the beach
- Celebrate special events such as birthdays, anniversaries, stag and hen parties, marriage proposals and more
- Visit the majestic Los Gigantes Cliffs
Dolphin and whale watching in Tenerife
With a boat charter in Tenerife you can also reach the areas where bottlenose dolphins, pilot whales and other marine species pass by. These friendly animals are used to boats so they approach with confidence. Bring your camera to capture their charming swim and fun pirouettes. Children enjoy this activity the most.
Water and land activities in Tenerife
This is a dynamic activity for the adventurous. Cool off in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic and have fun with your friends.
- Jet skis: rent a jet ski to enjoy an extreme adventure. You can go alone or accompanied. Reach high speeds and enjoy the sensation of sailing the Atlantic.
- Parascending: soar into the sky while attached to a boat. This is a great activity to celebrate with friends. Lots of adrenaline, laughter and fun.
- Diving in Tenerife: Get to know the seabed and share with the colourful fish, turtles and other species of the area. If you have previous experience, check our packages and discover the best places to dive. We have Try Dive activities for beginners and first time divers. If you want to prepare yourself to a higher level, check out our PADI certified courses.
- Surfing: Within the range of things to do in Tenerife, this is one of the most popular options. Here there is a real paradise for surfers, with many spots and great waves. Surfers prefer the southern beaches in the winter and the northern beaches in the summer. You can also go paddle surfing, bodyboarding, kitesurfing or windsurfing.
- Paragliding: you will feel like a bird flying over Tenerife. Enjoy unique views of the island that you can only admire from the air. Don’t worry if you have no experience, you will be accompanied by an expert instructor who will take care of every detail and guide you through the trip.
- Buggy Safari and Jeep safari: these are dynamic activities in which you will drive a buggy through the most splendid trails of the island. Feel the wind in your face as you drive at high speed. The experience is safe, you will receive safety instructions at the start. After the tour you can relax on the farms, share with the animals and taste cheeses and wines from Tenerife.
Excursions around the island
We have different routes and tours to get to know the most emblematic places of Tenerife. You can hire group excursions or private tours to enjoy each adventure in an exclusive way.
Excursion to Teide by day with time to visit the cable car
If you are looking for things to do in Tenerife you can’t miss out on a visit to Spain’s most emblematic volcano. Teide is a large volcano with the highest peak in Spain. It is located in the Teide National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Excursion to admire the night sky and stars
This is a fabulous activity for couples or friends to spend a night under the stars. If you hire the telescope service, you will be able to observe the constellations and stars in great detail.
Full day excursion to visit Teide, Masca, Icod and Garachico
In Masca you can enjoy the most incredible mountain views of the island. Get to know Icod de los Vinos and its great ancient dragon tree. In Garachico you can admire the old commercial port of Garachico, destroyed by the volcanic eruption.
Excursions to the ancient San Cristóbal de La Laguna and the present-day Santa Cruz de Tenerife
In these enigmatic cities you can admire Canarian architecture and feel as if you have travelled back in time. Stroll around Santa Cruz de Tenerife, sample its flavours in the different restaurants and buy beautiful gifts in the different shops. San Cristóbal de La Laguna offers a fresh and friendly atmosphere through its streets and its historic centre, a World Heritage Site.
Guided excursions to the vineyards of Tenerife with wine tasting
Get to know the place where the fruit for the best wines in the world is harvested. During the tour you will get to know the plantations and you will be able to attend a tasting session from which you will leave ecstatic.
Excursions to the island of La Gomera from Tenerife
If you are in Tenerife and have enough time, we invite you to visit La Gomera. This island was visited by Christopher Columbus himself. It also has a beautiful laurel forest in the Garajonay National Park. There you will be able to sample succulent dishes representing Canarian gastronomy.
There are so many things to do in Tenerife that you will need several days to get to know every corner, taste its gastronomy and feel the adrenaline of its extreme activities. To find out about all the excursions available, see the list of activities at the end of the text.
Theme parks in Tenerife
We invite you to enjoy the different parks in Tenerife with a variety of activities for children, teenagers and adults. Here are the best parks on the island for a great day out.
- Siam Park: is a water park full of swimming pools and fabulous attractions for the whole family. Visiting this park is one of the must-do activities in Tenerife in any plan. Here you will experience the maximum thrills of your holiday.
- Loro Park: one of the most visited places in Tenerife. They have the largest parrot exhibition in the world and dolphin, killer whale and sea lion shows.
- Monkey Park: it is a natural environment where different species of monkeys live together in freedom. You will be able to take pictures with them and give them fruits to eat. The monkeys are very playful and will make you spend a very funny day. Here you will also find beautiful birds and a nice cactus garden.
- Camel Park: visit this amazing farm where you can take a camel ride. Each ride lasts 20 minutes and you can go up with a companion. Here you can also share with chickens, ducks, donkeys, sheep and goats.
- Jungle Park: is a natural environment that will make you feel part of nature. Walk among nature trails, streams, waterfalls, hanging bridges and caves. It is home to a great biodiversity of animal and plant species. Share with more than 500 animals such as lions, birds, reptiles and monkeys. Enjoy the most sensational bird of prey show you have ever seen.
- Aqua Club Termal: this is the ideal place for those seeking relaxation and comfort. See below for everything you can find at Aqua Club Termal to de-stress.
Shows in Tenerife
In our list of activities in Tenerife we also have shows on stage to enjoy and relax.
- Medieval Show: a fabulous show where you will witness a battle of medieval warriors with swords and fire.
- Gladiux: another magical experience where gladiators fight on horses and make you feel the magic of that time.
- Drag Queens Show: here witty actors fill the stage with colour, sequins and joy. You won’t stop laughing with their jokes and displays of talent.
- Flamenco and singing night: If you are looking for good music and dance, we also have a great flamenco and other dances show coordinated by one of the best teachers of this art in Spain.
For a detailed list of all the things to do on your holiday in Tenerife, see the list below. We make it easy for you. Our team has selected the activities most valued by tourists so that you can choose your favourites when planning your holidays.